This veggie loaded cheeseburger pasta dinner is a family favourite in our house. They love the cheesy pasta and I love that it’s loaded with veggies and fairly easy to cook. It’s one of those meals that you can load it up with whatever vegetables need to be eaten from the fridge. This particular time I used onions, mushrooms and zucchini, and normally I like adding red or green peppers too.
This is a family recipe made by a mom for moms. Generally I don’t measure ingredients, but I did some rough measuring for this post. Do your usual taste tests and add more bbq sauce or seasonings as you see fit. Feel free to dm me if you have any questions @JannineMacKinnon.
Family Favourite Veggie Loaded Cheeseburger Pasta Dinner
- the usual amount of pasta you make for your family any pasta works, we generally use macaroni and have been loving Gogo Quinoa's gluten free pasta to lighten it up a bit
- 1 1/2ish cups veggie broth or any broth
- 2ish cups shredded cheese we generally use cheddar or tex mex cheddar
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3 tbsp mustard
- season with salt and pepper
- top with diced pickles
- 1 lb ground meat or substitute I rotate between meatless ground, ground chicken, and ground turkey
Random Veggies From Your Fridge, this time I used:
- 1 medium white onion roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini roughly chopped
- 8 white mushrooms roughly chopped
Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan cook whatever ground "meat" you want to use and set aside.
Using the same pan, saute veggies until tender.
Once pasta is cooked add all ingredients, except pickles, into the large frying pan. Cook on low medium until sauce thickens.
Serve with diced pickles on top.
That’s it! Make sure to pin this Cheeseburger Pasta recipe for future reference and if you make it please share your creation on social media and make sure to tag @JannineMacKinnon and #RelatableMotherhood so I can see it and for a chance to be featured.