Overall I love the December Ipsy Glam Bag. The bag itself is different than any previous Ipsy bag I’ve received before. When you collect a new bag each month it is really nice that they switch up the sizes, shapes, and colours, and this red one is a little dressier than others and could totally double as a cute clutch. The December Ipsy bag was packed with 2 full sized products, and 3 sample sized products (1 of which is quite large).
DECEMBER IPSY GLAM BAG REVIEW 2015
- Model Co Illusion Lip Liner (full sized)
- This lip liner comes in a natural looking looking beigy pink colour
- Worked great! – goes on smooth, didn’t dry out my lips, and lasted a reasonable amount of time
- I can’t figure out how to put out more product as I use it up
- It doesn’t twist out, at the bottom you can see there’s more product in there, am I supposed to sharpen plastic?
- Pacifica Power of Love Powerful Color Natural Lipstick (full sized)
- High pigmented natural looking red colour called Nudie Red – love the colour!
- All natural, 100% vegan, and cruelty free
- Moisturizes and does not dry out my lips
- Filled with good stuff like vitamins and antioxidants
- Worked great!
- Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil Shea Butter Deep Nourishing Conditioning Treatment (50 ml sample size)
- Good size
- Sulfate free
- Also contains biotin, restores dry, damaged hair, adds shine, and protects colour treated hair
- Smells great! – beachy coconut fragrance
- Haven’t had a chance to use yet, but I have always been a fan of Marc Anthony products, and am excited to try
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer (5 g sample size)
- Lightweight formula
- Small amount goes a very long way
- Worked great! – crease free, did not get oily over time, intesnsified the colour of my shadow and made it last all night long
- Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask (small sample size)
- Can be used as a face mask, or an overnight moisturizer
- Mellows out redness
- Contains algae extract, Japanese green tea, and jasmine absolute
- Worked great! – minimized redness and left my skin feeling super soft
HOW THE IPSY GLAM BAG SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE WORKS
You sign up through ipsy.com and await the arrival of your first bag. When you first sign up you fill out a basic beauty quiz so that they can customize your bag to your preferences. At the beginning of every month Ipsy bills you around $20 ($10 for the bag + $5 shipping for Canadian girls + American currency conversion), worth every penny! They ship out the bags in batches during the first half of the month, and are delivered towards the end of the month. Because they ship out in batches everyone receives theirs at different times. Two Ipsy friends will likely receive theirs at different times. Mine is usually delivered somewhere between the 20th and 25th of each month.
Every month you receive 5 beauty items consisting of at least 1 full size item, with the remainder of the products in sample sizes. Products I’ve received in the past include beauty tools and brushes, eye and lip pencils, moisturizers and cleansers, and eye and face powders. After you test out the products in your bag you can log on to ipsy.com to review your items. Every item you review customizes your future bags – plus you receive points! You can build up your points to add extra products to your future glam bags. Ipsy also has tons of deals for Ipsy girls to purchase the products featured in each months glam bag, and giveaways for some really nice products!
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to get the Ipsy Glam Bag, I highly recommend it. It’s only $20 a month for 5 different products. You get to try different products all the time, including some things you may not personally purchase, but would love to have. It’s also a really nice treat to get something in the mail each month customized just for you 🙂
If you have any questions or comments about the Ipsy Glam Bag leave me a comment below. I’d love to help answer questions, or to hear about your Ipsy bags!