With eating healthier and healthier I’ve started to make most of my own drinks, except kombucha. That still seems a little mysterious for me, but that’s a conversation for another day #KombuchaObsessed. With making more of my own iced teas (learn how to make a perfect glass of homemade iced tea) and virgin cocktails #JoysOfPregnancy, I’ve wanted to find a more interesting way to sweeten drinks. That’s when I went down the Pinterest rabbit hole and found so many great infused simple syrup ideas that I became inspired for this Peppermint Simple Syrup Recipe.
It shocked me how easy it is to make, just 3 simple ingredients, and it goes well with so many different drinks! So far my favourite drinks to make with it are minty iced tea and a virgin mojito, delish! Bonus, it stores in the fridge for 6 months which really motivates me to make several different mixes to pick and choose from as I make delicious drinks. How good would it be to have chai, pineapple, berry, ginger, and mint simple syrup!? If you’re interested in more simple syrup recipes make sure to let me know in the comments below and I can definitely make that happen!
Peppermint Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar, or any other sweetener (usually I use honey, but I was out)
- 2 sprigs of fresh peppermint
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer while continuing to stir until a syrupy consistency (roughly 5 minutes when using white sugar).
- Remove from heat and add peppermint leaves. Make sure to remove the leaves from the sprig for maximum peppermint and minimum earthy taste.
- Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove peppermint with a spoon, or by straining.
- Store in a small jar in the fridge. Keeps for 6 months.
Related Post: How to Make the Perfect Homemade Iced Tea
There ya have it, a super tasty peppermint simple syrup recipe. How easy is that, and it’s so so good in drinks! If you end up trying it I’d love to hear about it, and if you’re interested in different infused simple syrup recipes please let me know in the comments below.